Tuesday, September 1, 2009

LEGO Party take home boxes

I was brainstorming about Will's party favors... what to do?? I bought a lego shaped silicone mold on ebay. (Along with his cake mold. But, that's coming soon!) I think it was originally made for ice cubes. But, I decided I wanted to make lego-shaped candies with it. I bought the candy melts from Michael's and melted and poured and melted and poured... Lots of fun colorful Lego candy bags for his buddies to take home. I put a few in a clear bag and tied them up with the cutest little bow and printed out a tag on it that says, "Eat."

I knew I wanted to make kind -of a take home box... So, I had this box in mind...

I used some scrapbooking paper and homemade labels and turned them into this!

So, inside... I added a cute Lego to the top of a playdough lid. It fit just perfectly!

Then, one day... while picking up spilled crayons... I thought, "What if I used the candy mold to make Lego crayons?" AND it worked!









Then, I put it all together... AND I have a great little "thanks" for our friends that come to the party!

2 comments:

Mrs. Jenk said...

you are phenomenal!

Johnna said...

i am so proud of how awesome you are!