Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Homeschooling & Preschool

Today was not our "official" day one of this school year. I have been schooling the girls off and on throughout the day for the past few weeks. I have been waiting for Mr. Will to start school at OLC so I could give absolute 100% attention to the girls for a few hours each day.

So, we drove to school and kissed him goodbye. He was so very excited to be in his big boy class. Here he is all ready to go!

Then, we headed off to the house. Hoping to get in as much time as we could before we had to turn around and pick up Will. We did math, handwriting, grammar, phonograms... Tomorrow we will get to the history & science & maybe another math lesson. What I am finding is that this year is truly relaxing and so much less stressful. (As opposed to the UMS school we had been at.) Now, don't get me wrong. I LOVE that school to pieces! (And I miss it dearly.) BUT, we needed a little break from the structure to just ~be. I find instances in each day that prove our prayerful answer to be so. Like today, Bella is SO at the beginning of reading. So excited and eager. She really is able to read simple books. I am very impressed with her quickness in reading! (A few weeks into Kinder.) All she wanted to do was to read books to me today. Book after book, she read. She used her phonograms and figured out the words. I am so very proud of her! And here's my point to all of this. I had absolutely no time crunch, nothing I HAD to get done, nothing that was making me feel like I HAD to get up and do... SO WE READ. For as long as she wanted to. We just snuggled up and read. I am loving this year!

No comments: