Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lego Party Invitation

Will is turning 4! After going over the LIST of possible party themes, he made a decision on a LEGO party! I was excited for the challenge. I love me a party. So, my mind was a racing! I looked for custom invitations, but I just could not find exactly what I wanted. So of course - just make it! Here are the instructions for the invitations. Pictures, too. But, I will warn you - I am not good at taking pictures. Here goes!
First, you buy some bright cardstock paper.

Then, you cut it to the desired dimensions. (I just cut mine in half.)


Then, you use a hole punch to make circles in the same color. The circles are a little over a half an inch in diameter. I used a $3.99 Fiskars punch from JoAnn's.

Then, you print your invitation wording on plain white cardstock. (I used a cream color because I ran out of white!) I find all my free fonts online. It's REALLY easy. I just googled "lego font" and I found it! Cute, huh?


Then, I cut it down to the right size with my paper cutter and taped it to the green cardstock. I used double-sided tape.

Now, for the best part... I bought these sticky foamy dots... (Not sure what they're called.) And I placed them on the back in rows of three. I took the green circles and stuck them on the dots.


AND LIKE MAGIC! You've got a LEGO invitation! LOVING it! Looks kind-of like a Lego, right??

But, did I stop there??? Nope. Do I ever?? I found a Lego Image on the computer. Saved it in my pictures and used it to make custom labels and stickers for the envelope. A perfect invitation for my sweet Will's Lego Party!

I will post the rest of his party ideas as soon as I get them. So, keep an eye out! :o)

4 comments:

Mrs. Jenk said...

so super cute! Nice work!

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

Too funny! We just mailed our invites out and they're the same things, but red.

Thanks for sharing at DIY Day.

Its So Very Cheri said...

Very cute idea. I love creating my own party ideas.
I started a new KNOCK OFF KNOCK OUT party and I bet you have some things to put in the party-it's every Monday. I would love to have you submit this idea next Monday. I hope you come over and become a follower and subscribe and I will do the same.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

The Starr Family said...

Fantastic idea... so fun! Tucking this idea away for future..