Friday, July 31, 2009

VBS 2009

Craig & I want to instill in our children that you don't have to leave your city to be a missionary. This week, we volunteered to serve as teachers for VBS for a local church. (Other than our own.) This is a no-frills VBS that reminds me of VBS when I was a kid.... bubbles, Bible Stories, popsicles, playdough... I look forward to this every summer. It was my third year and my kid's first. I encourage you to step out into your city and be a missionary! Tell all those sweet faces about Jesus! If you ever get the chance to work with Susan Murray, she is the greatest! I admire her and love her giving heart!



"God is my Helper"

Playing in the cornmeal "sandbox"

Mrs. Susan and her autoharp

Mrs. Susan as David

Our bird feeders

Bella & Cierra

Smiling Sasha

Lillian - so sweet. She really took to me this week and gave me such big hugs!

Alexis - the cutest little thing!

Sasha & I

Lillian, Sasha & I - these girls are sisters

Our table - Will, Alexis, Bella, Cierra, Miss Sarah, Lillian & Sasha

Brookly making cereal necklaces

Bella

5 comments:

Barkhuizen Family said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures. It looks like you all had a great time! This is an awesome story to share with others! And I agree Susan is a wonderful person...and so are YOU!

Loves,
Rebecca

Johnna said...

i am so proud you are my dear friend! this touches my heart! by the way...that clip in your hair looks amazing!

Mrs. Jenk said...

what a great idea and fun way to share Jesus.

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Such a great encouragement! I completely agree that we don't (sometimes shouldn't) leave our cities to be Christ to others. So wonderful to instill this in our children!

The Starr Family said...

The more simple the VBS, the better no? All stripped down and just about the cross... love your picture and stories. Thanks for sharing this!